Minutes of the IC of Ireland 15th Annual General Meeting
Venue: Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Clun
Date: April 28th 2012
Gina Niland Craig, Lisa O’Shea, Jenny O’Brien, Peter Ledbetter, Brian Lawlor, Victor Drummy, Neil Wilson, Declan Heavey, Conor Smith, Richard Blake, Tony Kearney, Margaret Ann Broderick, Tom Shelly, Mick Wogan, John Sheridan, Conor McCullough, Catherine Houlihan, Helen Johnston, Martin Daly, Roddy Feely, Gerry Clarke, Dearbhla Kelly, Emma Davy, Pat Guiry, John O’Rourke, Niall Murphy, Martin Daly, Noel Lennon, Niall O’Riordan.
Bernadette Griffith, Eimear Sloan, Robin Gibney, Garbhan O’Nuallain, William Guiry, Clare McKenna, Des Shaw, Patricia Lord, Patricia Callan (nee D’Arcy), Tony Davison, Jane Conan, Aoife O’Neill, Bryan Smyth, Aiden Deery, Peter Lowther, Michelle Bennett, June-Anne Byrne.
1. President’s Opening Comments
- Pat Guiry welcomed Club Members to the 15th Annual General Meeting. Apologies were read. One minute silence was held in respect for Tommy Burke, Club President who passed away during the year. He noted the retirement of Ireland’s leading player, Conor Niland and ourlined some of his career highlights. In addition, he congratulated IC members Lesley O’Halloran and Niamh Kennedy, with teammates Phillippa Palmer and Grace Reidy on winning the ITF Ladies O-45 Margaret Cup in San Diego last February.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the 14th AGM April 16th 2011
- The 15th AGM minutes were read and agreed. No matters arising.
3. Honorary Secretary’s Report
- Dearbhla Kelly read the Honorary Secretary’s Report. Dearbhla informed the floor that the Committee had nominated Steffi Graf and Mats Wilander for the Jean Borotra Award which recognises contribution to tennis and sportsmanship.
- Dearbhla reported on the IC Council AGM. Tom Shelly inquired whether other members of the IC Committee could attend the IC Council AGM. Dearbhla informed him that the meeting was attended by the Honorary Secretary of each IC Club and that only one representative is invited to attend.
4. Honorary Treasurer’s Report
- Emma Davy read the Income & Expenditure Report. No matters were arising.
- There is currently €10,500 in the bank account with €3,000 of this amount in the savings account.
- All subscriptions were collected this year.
5. Captain’s Report
- Pat Guiry reviewed the 2011 fixtures. Pat detailed the upcoming 2012 fixtures including the Potter Cup on 31st of May - 3rd of June in Barcelona, the IC of GB on the 14th of July in London and the IC of Belgium on the 24th/25th August 2012 in Belgium
- He informed the Club that the IC of Belgium V IC of Ireland will play for the Tommy Burke Trophy in memory of Tommy.
6. Election of Club Officers & Committee Members
- John O’Rourke was proposed as the new President of the Club by Pat Guiry, seconded by Jenny O’Brien
- Conor McCullough was proposed as the new Captain of the Club by Dearbhla Kelly, seconded by Niall O’Riordan.
- John Sheridan was proposed as the new Honorary Treasurer of the Club by Emma Davy, seconded by Brian Lawlor
Please click on the appropriate stripes to visit the website of an individual country's IC