Venue: Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club
Date: April 16th 2011
Tommy Burke, Niall Murphy, Gerry McGrath, Pat Guiry, Emma Davy, Dearbhla Kelly, Roddy Feely, Heather Flinn, Niall O’Riordan, June Ann Byrne, Brian Lawlor, Richard Blake, Tony Kearney, Martin Daly, Lisa O’Shea, Ben Cranwell, Catherine Holohan, Helen Johnstone, John O’Rourke, Conor Smith, Gerry Clarke, Robbie Harrold, Tom Shelly, Declan Heavey.
Peter Wright, Robin Gibney, Michael Doran, Tony Davison, Bryan Smyth, Des Shaw, William Guiry, Sean Sorensen, Jerry Sheehan, Brendan Byrne, Jane Conan, Emer Sloan, Anne-Marie Hogan, Peter Lowther, Scott Barron, Leslie O’Halloran, Garbhan O’Nuallain, Jimmy McDonagh, Paul Banks, Gina Niland, Norah Glynn, Michelle Bennett, John O’Brien, Margaret-Anne Broderick, Patricia Darcy, Joe Hackett Junior, Jenny O’Brien, Wallace Burke, Tom Barry, Ronan Fearon, Michael Cowie
1. President’s Opening Comments
Tommy Burke welcomed Club Members to the 14th Annual General Meeting. Apologies were read. Tommy gave the sad news that Cyril Kemp and Alan Haughton passed away during the year.
2. Approval of Minutes of 13th AGM March 27th 2010
The 13th AGM minutes were read and agreed. No matters arising. The Committee reviewed Peter Ledbetter’s request to re-introduce the member’s booklet and decided that for cost reasons this is not feasible. However, a PDF format will be available on the website. The Committee agreed to Roddy Feely’s request to open a General Reserve fund. The set up of this fund is currently ongoing.
3. Honorary Secretary’s Report
Dearbhla Kelly read the Honorary Secretary’s Report.
4. Honorary Treasurer’s Report
Emma Davy read the Income & Expenditure Report. Emma thanked Jim Buckley, Honorary Auditor. No questions were raised regarding the finances of the Club.
5. Captain’s Report
Pat Guiry reviewed the 2010 fixtures. Pat detailed the upcoming 2011 fixtures including the Potter Cup on 27-30th May in Barcelona, the IC of USA on the 25/26th of June to be held in Fitzwilliam, the IC of GB on the 16th of July in Lansdowne and the IC of Luxembourg on 23rd of July in Templeogue. The President asked the floor if there were any comments on the Captain’s report. None were raised.
6. Election of Club Officers & Committee Members
` There were no club elections this year.
7. New Website Presentation
Niall Murphy provided a presentation on the new Club website. Niall provided a prototype of the new IC logo for the Club. The floor agreed that this was a good logo.
8. Member’s Open Forum
- During the year, the IC Council requested that each Club nominate an IC Press Officer for media communications. Gerry McGrath was nominated by the Committee.
- The IC Council requested the Commitee’s nomination for the Jean Borotra Award – the following individuals were nominated for the award:
o Elena Dementiava
o Sebastien Grosjean
o Gustavo Kuerten
o Amelie Mauresmo
o Martina Navratilova
o Mats Wilander
The Committee chose to nominate Gustavo Kuerten given his excellent playing record and his work in favour of disadvantaged children especially in the slums of Brazil through his charitable foundation, the Instituto Guga Kuerten
- The IC Council have committed to the IC Junior Challenge for the next six years and the Sun City fixture in South Africa for men’s over 75 and women’s over for 65
- Dearbhla Kelly will be attending the IC Council AGM this June in Roehampton, London
- Tommy Burke requested the floor to consider joining the Committee next year
- Tommy mentioned that the Committee will be looking for a new Honorary Auditor for 2013 and 2014
- Gerry Clarke requested that the Committee consider paying tribute to deceased members through an obituary of some sort.
9. Wimbledon Draw
June-Anne Byrne won the Wimbledon tickets. June-Anne Byrne drew the winning ticket!
Please click on the appropriate stripes to visit the website of an individual country's IC